OPEN PROGRAMME: PUBLIC SECTOR
Understanding IPSAs - Refresher Course
International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) are accounting standards for use by public sector entities around the world in the preparation of
This three-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the most important requirements for understanding & applying International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) under the accruals basis.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for individuals at all levels who need to have detailed knowledge of IPSAs.
In essence, it is an opportunity to transfer a crucial new skill set to those responsible for making accounting decisions & preparing, reviewing or approving financial statements.
The course will benefit is:
- Accounting and finance staff at all levels who are involved in the preparation of financial statement
- Managers who have a responsibility for or a need to understand the financial statements
- IPSAS implementation and maintenance teams
- Internal Audit staff
- IPSAS – The Standards Considered (Technical Review and Application)
- The Fundamental Building Blocks of IPSAs
- IPSAS - An in-depth Look at Key Standards
- IPSAS – Essential Technical Components and the way ahead
- Understand financial reporting context for public sector entities
- Understand the requirements of Accruals basis IPSASs and their application in the public sector
- Apply IPSAS principles and concepts in the preparation of public sector financial statements to determine the appropriate treatment of events and transactions in financial statements
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
- Apply IPSAS standards to ensure improved accountability via providing a complete and accurate view of an entities operations and performance
- Improve overall management and planning via the application of more precise estimates of income and expenditure and effective usage of assets and liabilities
- Achieve greater transparency within your entity regarding your use of primary resources and resulting liabilities
- Provide a strong system of support for results-based management through achieving the development and utilisation of more comprehensive information about costs and cost budgets
- Achieve greater harmony within the entity’s reporting and financial statements as a way to encourage and enhance organisational goal congruence
This programme is available as an in-house programme at your preferred location (Minimum Class size 10)
Pricing and Date
Contact Capworth for details. The Capworth Training team will take steps to ensure that in house programmes are run at a time that suits you.
Contact our client liaison team email@example.com to discuss running this programme in house.