open Programme: Risk manangement & governance
Introduction to Governance, Risk Management & Control
Everyone in the finance world needs a firm understanding of risk - especially in light of the credit crisis. Rather than adopting the traditional approach to risk training that tends to be rather academic, the Introduction to Risk Management Internal auditor’s perspective course is developed with the needs of practitioners in mind. The course helps internal auditors understand more about the nuances of risk and the capture and handling of risk data
Risk based audits involve the capture and assessment of risk and control data as a prelude to the execution of the audit. Auditors are also involved in the facilitation of risk based workshops and evaluating the efficacy of risk management.
Who Should Attend
This intensive two-day course is open to anyone. The course has been designed for all internal auditors who wish to develop or extend their current knowledge of risk. The course also serves as a useful foundation for Risk based Internal Auditing.
A manual that contains full course text, examples and practical advice accompanies the course.
At the end of the course each delegate will be able to:
- Distinguish the difference between controls and risk and use the right terminology to talk about risk
- Use strategies to improve risk assessments, risk workshops and risk validation exercises
- Associate metrics that are rational and plausible with identified risks
- Design risk and control data capture templates
- Understand more about the nature of controls and the logic of risk and control
- Risk workshops and risk brainstorming
- Identification of risk
- Understanding risk data
- Recording results
- Controls – mitigating risk
Location Pricing (Ex. VAT) Dates
Nigeria N165,000 9th - 10th June 2016
Nigeria N165,000 8th - 9th December 2016