open Programme: public sector
Implementing IPSAS - Post Implementation Review
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the most important requirements for implementing & applying International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAs) under the accruals basis.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand financial reporting context for public sector entities
- Understand the requirements of Accruals basis IPSASs and their application in the public sector
- Apply IPSAS principles and concepts in the preparation of public sector financial statements to determine the appropriate treatment of events and transactions in financial statements
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
- Appreciate the challenges and potential roadblocks to successful implementation
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for individuals at all levels who need to have detailed knowledge of IPSA Implementation. In essence, it is an opportunity to transfer a crucial new skill set to those responsible for making accounting decisions & preparing, reviewing or approving financial statements.
The course will benefit:
- Accounting and finance staff at all levels who are involved in the preparation of financial statements.
- Managers who have a responsibility for or a need to understand the financial statements.
- IPSAS implementation and maintenance teams.
- Overview of the Standard Setting process
- Challenges of Implementing IPSAS
- Transition Steps for IPSAs Implementation
- Conducting IPSAs gap analysis
- Discussions and comments
- How to meet these challenges and changes with confidence
- Case studies
Location Pricing (Ex. VAT) Dates
Nigeria N145,000 13th - 14th June 2016