open Programme: ACCOUNTING, FINANCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Financial Reporting Standards: Comprehensive IFRS Training
This two part course provides a detailed review of all significant technical IFRS requirements. It includes coverage of IFRSs, hands-on case studies, examples, exercises, and benefits from the interactive participation of the attendees. Designed as an extended version of introduction to IFRS (5 day course), this comprehensive workshop helps participants to acquire the tools necessary to understand and apply IFRSs and prepare IFRS financial statements.
The course includes the latest pronouncements, and participants are brought up-to-date on all topics. In addition, participants are provided with information to assist them in researching accounting issues and monitoring future changes.
The course includes coverage of Standards with future applicability, Exposure Drafts and the IASB’s future plans, giving participants up-to-the-minute information and providing an ability to foresee how anticipated and published changes may affect their organisations
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Confidently prepare IFRS financial statements
- Compute basic and diluted earnings per share
- Differentiate between changes in estimates and changes in accounting policies
- Comply with IFRS disclosure requirements, including accounting policies
- Identify the optional and mandatory requirements for first-time adoption of IFRSs
- Have a greater understanding of the considerations when deciding which of the optional treatments in IFRS 1 to apply.
- Understand the IFRS requirements for recognition and measurement of assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, gains and losses
- Calculate asset impairment using the ‘cash-generating units’ approach in accordance with IAS 36
- Differentiate between finance and operating leases
- Explain likely future IFRS changes, including prospects for convergence with major national accounting standards
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for individuals at all levels within an organization who need to have detailed knowledge of IFRSs. In essence, it is an opportunity to transfer a crucial new skill set to those responsible for making accounting decisions and preparing, reviewing or approving IFRS financial statements. The program is generic and does not focus on any one particular industry.
All participants are expected to Understanding of basic accounting principles based on any national standards. No advance preparation is required for this course
- Understanding IFRS
- Key Balance Sheet Standards considered:- Fixed Assets, Current Assets, Liabilities, Provisions , Share Capital, Deferred Tax
- Key Income Statement Standards : Revenue Recognition, Share Based Payments
- Other Areas- Group Accounting, Pension Accounting, Substance over form
- -Technical standards - Financial Instruments
- Accounting Policies
- Cash Flow Statements
- Held for Sale
Location Pricing (Ex. VAT) Dates
Nigeria N305,000 13th – 17th April 2015
London £2, 350 23rd – 27th March 2015