open Programme: ACCOUNTING, FINANCE & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Financial modelling is the umbrella term used for a set of practical skills, techniques, methodologies and disciplines used to create a graphic analytical tool. This tool is used to aid understanding and decision making in areas such as financial planning, investment analysis, valuation and strategy.
The modern business environment now expects everyone to have at least basic Excel skills. To stand out as a finance professional, you need to have more than just the ability to use a spreadsheet in your arsenal. The skills required to develop quality financial models are highly sought after in the marketplace and provide a tangible advantage to a business career.
At Capworth Training you will learn essential, best practice financial modelling techniques, and how to apply them in different situations, giving you the confidence and ability to develop sophisticated financial models.
This course allows users to improve the reliability, quality and timeliness of their Excel models. Financial modelling demands a logical consistent approach and this workshop builds a financial analysis and a valuation model through a series of practical stages. Upon completion, delegates will have a comprehensive understanding of advanced modelling, as well as how each technique can practically be applied through the use of Excel.
This seven-day programme will be delivered through a practical and interactive case study and worked examples, demonstrating how and why each technique is used. Emphasis is placed on the delegates gaining practical, hands-on experience of the design and construction of financial models in Excel. Delegates will also benefit from formal lectures and group discussions. Each delegate will be given a complimentary laptop; comprehensive product notes and modelling software will be provided for future reference.
On completion of this highly practical, hands-on training course, attendees will be able to:
- Build a financial model from a blank sheet
- Design models which minimise errors
- Write models which can be maintained and augmented in the future
- Develop models with advanced techniques such as risk, sensitivity, optimisation and forecasting
- Model Structure and Planning
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Non cash flow methods
- Forecasting and Equity Valuation
- Free Cash Flows
- Cost of Capital
- Initial Equity Valuation
- Alternative Cash Flow Valuation
- Risk and Sensitivity
- Optimum Structure and Targeting
- Management Reporting and Model Review
Who Should Attend
The course will be of value to professionals in the following areas:
- Finance Directors/Financial Controllers/CFO’s
- Business/Financial/Treasury/Market Analysts
- Corporate/Structured/Project Finance Officers
- Financial/Strategic Planners
- M&A Specialists
- Private Equity
- Project/Commercial Management
- Business Development and Marketing
- Systems Analysts
- Budget Managers
- Profit Centre Managers
- Credit Risk/Treasury Managers
Location Pricing (Ex. VAT) Dates
Nigeria N305,000 3rd - 7th October 2016