Micro Courses: Human Resource Management
Although we all know that training can have many amazing benefits, sometimes it can be hard to prove those benefits and attach a dollar value to training. Some topics, like sales training or time management, might have direct, tangible benefits. Other topics, like communication or leadership, might have benefits that you can’t put a dollar value on. In this course, we will learn about the different ways to evaluate training progress, and how to use those results to demonstrate the results that training brings.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Kolb’s learning styles and learning cycle
- Understand Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation
- Be familiar with many types of evaluation tools, including goal setting, tests, reactionary sheets, interviews, observations, hip-pocket assessments, skill assessments, and learning journals
- Understand when to use each type of evaluation tool
- Be able to perform a needs assessment
- Know how to write learning objectives and link them to evaluation
- Be able to write an evaluation plan to evaluate learning at each stage of the training and far beyond
- Know how to identify the costs, benefits, and return on investment of training
- Be familiar with the parts of a business case for training.
- Kolb Learning styles
- Kirkpatrick’s Level of evaluation
- Types of measurement tools
- Focusing on training
- Creating an evaluation plan
- Assessing learning before training
- Assessing learning during training
- Assessing learning after training
- The long term view
- Calculating return on investment
Who Should Attend?
HR managers, Learning and Development Officers, Supervisory officers responsible for the learning and talent development of the organisation.
Location Pricing (Ex. VAT) Dates
Nigeria N58,750 3rd March, 7th April, 5th May
2nd June, 29th June, 4th August,
30th August, 27th September,
20th October, 17th November,
14th December 2016