About the Programme
Many organisations do not employ full-time Project Managers and it is common to pull together a project team to address a specific need. While most people do not have formal skills in a project methodology, taking a role in a project team can be an excellent learning opportunity and can improve a person's career profile. Whether you are a senior manager or someone who has never been on a project, you will learn the tools and techniques that help you to direct a project.
Organisations that are progressing down the path of becoming project based often find they need to co-ordinate their efforts across divisions or departments in order to achieve the real business benefits of effective project management. This course provides a platform to discuss the organisation’s project methodology as well as exchange ideas and brainstorm on best practice. The course is designed to ensure the three levels of the organisation - company executives or senior functional managers, project or programme managers, and project support personnel are able to benefit from a consistent approach to Project Management by revisiting the basics.
This four days intensive course provides delegates with a broad introduction to the concepts of project management. The course will clarify what constitutes a project and identify the core principles of project management. It is a highly participative course, with delegates undertaking group-based working on a case study to generate information about their current project
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Clearly identify projects as different from other types of work
- Identify the factors that lead to project success
- Explain the core principles of project management
- Identify key project management activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Practise key project management activities with the assistance of the trainer
Who Should Attend
Those who are new to project management and wish to develop the basic skills, or those who need a basic understanding of the project life-cycle and key techniques.
- Defining project goals and objectives
- Explore critical success factors for the project.
- Project Environment
- Benefits of project Management
Project Initiation and Definition
- Project Team and Project Definition
- Project Quality strategy
- Project Delivery strategy
- Risk Management Plan
- Scope Management
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Planning
Project Execution and Implementation
- Build and Test
- Work packages
Project Monitoring & Control
- Managing Change
- Problem and Issue handling and resolution
- Change control
Project Closure and Handover
- Sign off and acceptance
- Closing documentation
- Post Project Evaluation Review
- Planned Benefit Realisation
Location, Pricing & Dates
All courses are available in-house (your preferred location) but throughout the year, we run selected courses as scheduled programmes. To view scheduled courses, please hover over dates on the calendar below.