OPEN PROGRAMME: PUBLIC SECTOR
Commercial Skills Fundamentals
The government is increasingly commissioning the delivery of public services, rather than providing them directly. These changes to the way governments work, creates the need for civil servants to develop different skills and adopt a more commercial mindset.
This is even more important at a time of dwindling revenues, increased demand and the need to increase growth, when the value gained can make an enormous difference. So government need to improve its capability so that our commercial thinking underpins robust and effective policy outcomes, drives out waste and maximises value.
- Basic Financial Skills and language
- Introduction to service development
- Managing people in a commercial world
- Innovation & Problem Solving
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit all middle level officers cadre who need to imbibe a commercial mindset. Directorate level cadre including senior managers, deputy directors would also benefit from this course.
- To develop basic commercial skills
- Understanding financial concepts such as full costs & value
- Understanding and experiencing a tool to support self-awareness – talent dynamics – and what this can bring to your business
- Learning how to maximise value and efficiency through your people as individuals and as effective teams
- Understanding how to prioritise and allocate your time to your employees – identifying return on people investments
- Understanding how to manage performance and have difficult conversations
- Understanding the barriers to innovation and creativity
- Identifying and mitigating risks, whilst retaining an innovative culture
Location, Pricing and Date
Contact Capworth for details. The Capworth Training team will take steps to ensure that in house programmes are run at a time that suits you.
Contact our client liaison team firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss running this programme in house at your preferred location.