OPEN PROGRAMME: PUBLIC SECTOR
Commercial Acumen for Senior Leaders
The drive for increasing efficiencies and dwindling oil revenues means that managers in the public services need to acquire new skills and improved commercial acumen in both their current and new practices.
Entering into new partnership arrangements, joint ventures, sharing of services or engaging with private sector contractors in the provision of products and services – the public sector is becoming more commercial in its outlook and processes.
These changes to the way governments work, creates the need for civil servants to develop different skills and adopt a more commercial mindset. Put simply ‘Commercial Acumen’ is the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective.
- Best Practice in Public Service Finance, Governance and Accountability
- Developing Better Business cases
- Using Financial Modelling for Effective Service Costing
- Leading in commercial situations
- Contract Management
- Negotiating Outsourcing and Joint Ventures with the Third party providers
- Making plans for sensible commercial outcome
- Helping leaders develop a commercial mindset,applying skills to complex issues
- Understanding the context of the operating environment and what being commercial means
- Balancing a Government social enterprise with a commercial business
- Identifying what you want your strategy to look like to meet business needs
- Understanding how to create a commercial culture
- Learning how to measure strategic success
- Assessing and mitigating risk
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit all directorate level cadre i.e. Assistant directors, deputy directors and directors involved in the policy setting and decision making process.
Location, Pricing and Date
Contact Capworth for details. The Capworth Training team will take steps to ensure that in house programmes are run at a time that suits you.
Contact our client liaison team email@example.com to discuss running this programme in house at your preferred location.